Saturday, October 24, 2009

Week 7 Picks

In spite of last week's smackdown, I'm coming back for more. Looking for my first winning week in the past three.

  • Indianapolis at St. Louis +14.5 - It's really hard to pick a home team to lose by more than two TDs, even if it's the Rams.
  • Minnesota +5.5 at Pittsburgh - A lot of times I would take the Steelers, at home, in a big game. But they've been killing me this year, so I'll take the undefeated team with the points.
  • New England -15.5 at Tampa Bay - Though Tampa is technically the home team, this game will be played in London. I can't imagine that a winless team will be excited to travel across the pond for a matchup with the Pats, so I think they'll come out flat and get crushed.
  • San Francisco +3 at Houston - The Texans can't seem to get over that .500 hump, and I expect the Niners to be both well-prepared after a bye week.
  • Green Bay -9 at Cleveland - The Browns are terrible.
  • San Diego -5.5 at Kansas City - I haven't been impressed with the Chargers, and Norv Turner is a lousy coach, but this is their season. They have to show up and play a big game, or their playoff chances are pretty much done.
  • New York Jets at Oakland +7 - The odds can't be good that the Raiders put together a good performance two weeks in a row, but the Jets haven't been playing well, so maybe the Raiders can keep it close.
  • Buffalo at Carolina -7 - Yes, I was burned by the Ryan Fitzpatrick-led Bills last week, but I'm not buying in. The Panthers run all over them at home.
  • Atlanta +4 at Dallas - The Falcons are playing a lot better right now, and the Cowboys haven't beaten a winning team in a while.
  • Bears at Cincinnati even - The Bengals have a better running game and are playing better defense than the Bears right now. Should be a very tight game - the kind the Bengals have been winning and the Bears have been losing.
  • New Orleans at Miami +7 - Look for a very similar game to the Colts/Dolphins, where Miami controls the clock running the ball, and the Saints score quickly through the air. Should be a close game.
  • Arizona at New York Giants -7 - The Giants' pass defense was exposed last week, but I don't trust the Cardinals on the road, on the East Coast, or against a good team.
  • Philadelphia -7 at Washington - The Eagles play well in prime time, and the Redskins are struggling. Yes, these NFC East games are usually low-scoring slugfests, and the Redskins beat them twice last year, but I'm still taking the Eagles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home