Thursday, October 15, 2009

Week 6 Picks


  • Houston +5 at Cincinnati - The Texans aren't great on the road, but since the Bengals have been involved in so many close games, I feel a lot safer with the points.
  • Detroit +13.5 at Green Bay - I like Green Bay to win, but Detroit should be able to keep it within two TDs.
  • Baltimore at Minnesota -3 - It wouldn't surprise me if a pissed off Ravens team came out swinging after two tough losses...but how can I pick against AP when Cedric Benson just torched them for over 100 yards?
  • New York Giants +3 at New Orleans - Sean Payton is dangerous with an extra week to prepare, but I like getting points on a 5-0 team, especially one with a QB playing in his hometown for the first time.
  • Cleveland at Pittsburgh -15 - Giving 15 points in a division game is usually a recipe for disaster, but if the Browns only had 23 yards passing against the Bills...
  • Carolina at Tampa Bay +3 - Two reasons to pick the winless Bucs: I don't like giving points with a 1-3 road team, and that Josh Johnson kid can play.
  • Kansas City at Washington -6.5 - The Skins are lousy, but they'll show a little heart this week and beat the hapless Chiefs.
  • St. Louis at Jacksonville -10 - Wow, this one is hard. I either have to give 10 points with a team that just lost by 41, or I bet on the Rams. Really bad choices, but I'll go with a bounceback game for the Jags.
  • Arizona at Seattle -3 - The Seahawks are a much better team with Hasselback in the lineup, especially at home.
  • Philadelphia -15 at Oakland - The Eagles have never won in the Black Hole, and they haven't played well on the West Coast in recent years ***Correction: The Eagles are 6-0 in their last six games at Seattle, San Francisco, and San Diego***...but these Raiders don't even try. I can't wait to watch JaAwful against this defense.
  • Tennessee at New England -9.5 - A terrible pass defense against Tom Brady, that doesn't sound like a good formula for the Titans.
  • Buffalo at New York Jets -10 - I'll consider picking the Bills again after Dick Jauron is fired, not before. They lost to the Browns.
  • Chicago at Atlanta -3 - With Michael Turner running again, the Falcons will be touch for the Bears to handle.
  • Denver +3.5 at San Diego - I'm doing it, I'm going to start treating Denver like a 5-0 team. And even Josh McDaniels can outcoach Norv Turner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home