Friday, April 24, 2009

No-brainer

Reports are surfacing that the Cardinals have reduced their demands for Anquan Boldin to something in the neighborhood of a second-round pick. If these reports are true, Boldin goes from a "nice-to-have" to a no-brainer pick-up. Even more so because the Giants will snatch him if we don't, and I don't want to play the guy twice a year.

I start with a second, a fifth, and Reggie Brown. I'd go as high as a second and a fourth, and maybe I'd even do a second and a third. Imagine coming out of this weekend with Knowshon Moreno and Anquan Boldin...that's a good draft all by itself.

I give the Eagles a lot of rope, because they've demonstrated success with their personnel decisions in the past. But if they don't get this done, and the Giants get Boldin for anything less than two second-round picks, I won't be making any excuses. You really want to win a Super Bowl? Make this move now, Joe Banner. If you don't, you suck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home