Thursday, January 10, 2008

Out of the gates (again)

Hockey season kicked off tonight with the usual lack of fanfare, but the results were solid. Two wins in two games, with yours truly notching three assists and serving the first penalty less than two minutes into the season. A month of pent-up aggression, sprinkled with a few remnants of holiday stress, liberally mixed with that initial rush of adrenaline, and my instincts took over. The civilized, reasonable part of my brain never had a chance - and neither did the guy skating in front of my net with his head down.

I felt incredibly bloated and slow the first game, but I suspect that had more to do with the pasta, meatballs, and chocolate chip cookies I ate 45 minutes before faceoff than with any sort of long layoff. By the second game I was back to my old self - which is to say, only marginally bloated and still laboriously slow. But all in all, it could not have been a much better start.

2 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Blogger millhousethecat said...

Wait...you have a "civilized, reasonable part" of your brain?

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Sweet Tea said...

Sounds like someone needs a spanking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home