Monday, October 09, 2006

What a game!

I'm wearing my Brian Dawkins jersey to work today (over top of my business-casual collared shirt), but here in Philly, this unusual work attire hasn't even received a second look.

Yes, I'm revelling in the Eagles 38-24 victory over T.O. and Cowboys, which included seven sacks of Drew Bledsoe, five Dallas turnovers, and plenty of sideline antics for T.O. Whatever touchdown celebration he had planned for the fans in Philly will have to wait another year, at least.

I'm sure that I'm scarring my children with my profanity-laced outbursts, and then confusing them when they are shortly followed up by barbaric screams of joy, but this was an emotional roller-coaster win for the ages, and I couldn't watch it sitting down. It's always amusing (and sobering, should I ever pause to consider the depths of my madness) when Jenn leads the cowering children into the room, repeating in a soothing voice "It's ok, daddy's not mad at you." No doubt they'll be explaining my state of primitive frenzy to their psychiatrists, many years down the road.

But for now, the Eagles are 4-1, atop the NFC East, and T.O. has another reason to kill himself. The world is a beautiful place.

1 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger millhousethecat said...

My favorite part of the game were the Where's Waldo like graphics used to show the viewer just exactly where TO stood before taking off down the field and not catching the ball.

jc: "Where is he? What's his number?"
me: "Wait for it...wait for it..."

(yellow graphic and arrow pointing at TO's ass)

me: "Do you see him?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home