Saturday, August 09, 2008

The Thin, Thin Line Between Lame and Cool

Gears of War 2 is coming out in November, and as I may have mentioned before, I can't wait. This badass trailer contains a chopped-up version of Alan Seeger's poem I Have a Rendezvous With Death.



Sweet.

And then there's this, available at Amazon.com:



This toy gun/chainsaw combo can be yours for the low, low price of $139.99! It includes:

  • Trigger Activates Motorized "Chainsaw" Sound and Vibration Feature
  • Side Handle Folds In & Out and Slides Back & Forth
  • Removable Clip
  • Created from the actual 3D data used in the Gears of War 2 videogame
  • Powered by 3 "C" Batteries (not included)

The truly terrible thing, of course, is that I want the gun. Motorized "Chainsaw" Sound and Vibration Feature could not sound any lamer. And I can't under any circumstances envision myself running around the house pretending to chop up the Locust Horde (no doubt scarring my children in the process.)

But I still want it. And since I saw Christmas decorations in Cracker Barrel today, that must mean the season for giving is right around the corner. Thank you in advance, dear friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home