Friday, September 21, 2007

Movie Review: Shoot 'Em Up

My expectations were low, and they were nearly met.

I expected amusement, but that was in short supply. The ridiculous gun battles and cheesy dialogue were missing something. Maybe it's because we've seen this tongue-in-cheek treatment of the action genre dozens of times before, or maybe the script was just lacking...I'm not sure. It wasn't awful, it just wasn't as fun as it should have been.

I expected action, and that was fairly non-stop. From the moment the hero uttered his first line until the credits rolled, there were gunfights, car chases, and more gunfights. The number of bad guys killed by the hero topped 100, and while most were shot, I counted three that were executed with carrots. Guys being killed with carrots should have been funnier, but this movie made it seem blasé.

Certainly not the biggest waste of $8 ever, but it's yet another utterly unmemorable Hollywood production.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home