Wednesday, March 21, 2007

JC, buy me this game

I've long been a PC gamer more than a console gamer...but I bought a PS2 once for my son (and also because it played DVDs - yeah, this was before I owned a DVD player, which seems like 25 years ago.) But the PS2 didn't really have enough non-violent children's content - he was only mildly entertained by Sly Cooper - so I sold it to JC, and now his kids use it for science projects.

I have not once missed the console - the PS2 seemed destined for antiquity, with the release of the Xbox and recently the PS3 - but now, years later, a new game is out that makes me wonder if I made the right decision.

By all accounts, God of War II is amazing. An outcast Titan named Kratos spends the first installment of the series fighting his way out of Hades and into the Greek pantheon, eventually defeating Ares in mortal combat and assuming his position as God of War. And now Kratos is back, kicking more heavenly ass than ever.

The scene where Kratos fights the Colussus, as described in the comic (assuming you clicked on the first link), can partially be seen here. If you're patient enough to click around to some of the other videos (and watch the same stupid Army commercial several times) you can also watch him ride a flaming Pegasus, leap onto the backs of griffins and chimerae, and rack up bonus points for ruthless kills.

So get on it, JC. Buy this game, and then invite me over after the kids are asleep. You can play Quake while I dry hump your wife slaughter some Greek gods. After all, without my gracious sale, your kids would have to do real science projects.

And of course, without my monumental assistance, you wouldn't have the intense pleasure of working with Rebuck every day. Time to start pulling your weight in this friendship. Call me when the game arrives, thanks!

3 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet Tea, I'm not going to buy it for you, but God of War one and two are two good reasons to re-buy a PS2. Get one used from Electronics Boutique and then get God of War one - it's a greatest hits title. By the time you've finished it, go out and buy the second one used ... then say goodbye to 30 or so hours. Assuming you can pull yourself away from the dry humping.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger millhousethecat said...

If my opinion matters...owning your own PS2? What the hell am I going to do?

To Do List:
1. Buy God of War;
2. Send JC to the store for milk;
3. Sit on the couch as sweettea dry humps, I mean, plays the game;
4. Sigh loudly.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger sparrowlegs said...

Speaking of dry humping, God of War one has virtual sex. Sex, swords, and sandals. What more could you ask for in a game.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home